Vince Roig Convening Center
The Vince Roig Convening Center is named for Helios Education Foundation’s Founding Chairman who is deeply committed to creating strategic partnerships and collaborations that lead to student success.
About The Space
The purpose of the meeting space (the Vince Roig Convening Center and Esplanade Boardroom) is to spark innovation and action around ensuring every student, regardless of background or zip code, has access to a high-quality education. Our desire is for the meeting space to be a place where people can elevate issues of equity and develop ways to create a more equitable education experience for Arizona and Florida students.
The Convening Center can accommodate groups from 25 – 150. The Esplanade Boardroom can accommodate up to 16 individuals. Meeting space is available for use by qualified organizations (see below) Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (includes set up, breakdown, and clean up).
Who Can Use the Space
We welcome groups to use the space for the following activities:
- Strategic planning and training retreats for education-related nonprofit boards and staff,
- Goal-setting conferences specific to education issues,
- Communications workshops for education organizations,
- Joint planning or collaborative efforts among education nonprofits and community organizations,
- A neutral meeting venue for nonpartisan discussion and presentation of policy-making options and issues around education and civic engagement, and
- Lectures, panel or small group presentations, and classroom-style educational workshops.
We cannot accommodate groups to use the space for activities that include:
- Fundraising events,
- Events at which an admission fee is charged, or products auctioned,
- Meetings that are subject to open meeting laws (open to the general public),
- Partisan group meetings or sessions designed to promote a partisan purpose,
- Regularly scheduled meetings of an organization’s board or committees, or
- Private, social or family events such as parties, weddings or anniversaries.
Reservations to use the Vince Roig Convening Center or the Esplanade Boardroom require an application. Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Purpose of the meeting;
- Space availability;
- Strategic relationships between Helios and the requesting organization; and
- How the meeting will further the education priorities outlined above.
Reservations may be requested three (3) months in advance of, but not less than seven (7) days prior to, the proposed meeting date.
Applications for groups of 100 or more attendees require a staff contact from the Helios Education Foundation staff. Additionally, groups of 100 or more attendees will be asked to coordinate with the Foundation to provide traffic control or parking services.