Florida Meeting Space
Collaboration is fundamental to Helios Education Foundation. Our Florida meeting space is intended to promote discussions, foster relationships, and strengthen collaborations that promote student success.
About The Space
The purpose of the meeting space is to spark innovation and action around ensuring every student, regardless of background or zip code, has access to a high-quality education. Our desire is for the meeting space to be a place where people can elevate issues of equity and develop ways to create a more equitable education experiences for students.
All applications to use Helios meeting space will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Purpose of the meeting
- Strategic relationships between Helios and the requesting organization
- How the meeting will further the education priorities outlined above
Please note applications are subject to space and date availability.
Who Can Use the Space
We welcome groups to use the space for the following activities:
- Strategic planning and training retreats for education-related nonprofit boards and staff,
- Goal-setting conferences specific to education issues,
- Communications workshops for education organizations,
- Joint planning or collaborative efforts among education nonprofits and community organizations,
- A neutral meeting venue for nonpartisan discussion and presentation of policy-making options and issues around education and civic engagement, and
- Lectures, panel or small group presentations, and classroom-style educational workshops.
We cannot accommodate groups to use the space for activities that include:
- Fundraising events,
- Events at which an admission fee is charged, or products auctioned,
- Meetings that are subject to open meeting laws (open to the general public),
- Partisan group meetings or sessions designed to promote a partisan purpose,
- Regularly scheduled meetings of an organization’s board or committees, or
- Private, social or family events such as parties, weddings or anniversaries.
Availability and Reservations
Helios meeting space is available for use by qualified organizations Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. This time-frame includes setup, breakdown, and clean up. The Florida Community Room can accommodate up to 24 guests. The Florida Boardroom can accommodate up to 18 guests. Reservations may be requested three (3) months in advance of, but not less than seven (7) days prior to, the proposed meeting date.